|Organic Food by County|
Aberdeenshire Angus Antrim Ayrshire Bedfordshire Berkshire Berwickshire Borders Buckinghamshire Cambridge Carmarthenshire Ceredigion Channel Isles Cheshire Clwyd Conwy Cornwall County Down County Durham Cumbria Denbighshire Derbyshire Devon Dorset Dumfries and Galloway Dyfed East Lothian East Sussex East Yorkshire Essex Fife Glamorgan Gloucestershire Greater Manchester Gwynedd Hampshire Herefordshire Hertfordshire Highland Isle of Man Isle of Wight Isles of Scilly Kent Lanarkshire Lancashire Leicestershire Lincolnshire London Monmouthshire Norfolk North Yorkshire Northamptonshire Northern Ireland Northumberland Nottinghamshire Orkney and Shetland Oxfordshire Pembrokeshire Powys Ross-shire Roxburghshire Rutland Shropshire Somerset South Yorkshire Staffordshire Suffolk Surrey Tyne and Wear Tyrone Warwickshire West Lothian West Midlands West Sussex West Yorkshire Wiltshire Wirral Worcestershire |
|Recipes - Rustic Italian Pizza |
Rustic Italian PizzaServes 4 INGREDIENTS Pizza Base:
90 ml warm water
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
175 g plain flour
1 tsp salt
*1 tbsp Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 small onion, chopped
220 g (7 oz) can chopped tomatoes
2 tsp tomato puree
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper OR *4 tbsp Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
* 240g tub SunBlush® Tomatoes
* 4 slices Proscuitto Crudo
* Parmesan shavings HOW TO COOK IT 1. Put the sugar in the water and sprinkle the yeast on top - whisk until dissolved.
2. Put aside for 10-15 minutes in a warm place until the surface of the mixture is frothy and then stir in the olive oil.
3. Sift the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture.
4. Mix together to form a dough and then turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until elastic and smooth.
5. Place in a greased bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave in a warm place for about an hour or until doubled in size.
6. Meanwhile, make the pizza sauce.
7. Fry the onion in oil for about 5 minutes until soft.
8. Add all other ingredients to the pan and simmer for 20 minutes until it resembles a thick sauce.
9. Leave to cool until the dough is ready.
10. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C /400°F/ Gas Mark 6
11. Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead again to release any air bubbles.
12. Roll out to a 10” or 25cm circle and place on a greased baking sheet.
13. Top the dough with the pizza sauce ensuring the sauce is spread near to the edge.
14. For a cold pizza, cook the base for 18 to 20 minutes until the crust is golden. Remove from the oven and top with the Prosciutto, SunBlush® Tomatoes, Rocket and Parmesan shavings.
15. For a warm pizza, spread the dough with the tomato sauce and then arrange the topping. Cook for 18 to minutes until the crust is golden and serve immediately.
Creation date : 04/02/2008 @ 23:09
Last update : 04/02/2008 @ 23:09
Category : Recipes
Page read 6371 times
Print the page