Hot Plum Muffin
Submitted by: Courtesy of Lesley Waters
600g (1lb 5oz) organic plums, halved and stoned
1 orange, zest and juice
2tbsp light muscovado sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
150g (5oz) plain flour
2tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
40g (1 ½oz) caster sugar
3tbsp organic milk
3tbsp organic natural yoghurt
15g (½oz) organic butter, melted
1 organic egg
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
2. Place the plums in a single layer in a shallow ovenproof dish. Drizzle with the orange juice and scatter over the muscovado sugar. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together into a bowl and stir in the caster sugar. Make a well in the centre.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, yoghurt, egg and butter. Add to the dry ingredients, together with the orange zest, and mix lightly until just combined.
5. Take the dish from the oven and dollop the muffin mix on top of the plums, in 8 large spoonfuls to create a rough cobbler effect. Sprinkle over a little more muscovado sugar.
6. Return the dish to the oven and bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until the muffin topping is golden and cooked. Serve with custard (See Custard recipe).
Creation date : 09/10/2007 @ 22:59
Last update : 09/10/2007 @ 22:59
Category : Recipes
Page read 6826 times
Print the page