Fish 4 Ever is a brand that belongs to:
Organico Realfoods Ltd,
Unit 3 City limits,
Telephone: 01189 238 760
Fax Number 01189 238 761
At Fish 4 Ever we bring together 'earth-friendly' and 'sea-friendly' methods of food production to help protect the future.
We believe we are custodians for future generations. It is our duty to do as little damage as possible in our economic consumption. The marine environment is in danger of total collapse; over-fishing and terrible fishing practices as well as man made pollution are destroying life and the eco-systems at sea. By choosing Fish 4 Ever you can become part of the solution....
As a company we aim to sell a better alternative to consumers but our vision is that by so doing we can offer fishermen, fish packers and processors a market for a product produced in an ecologically sensitive way - and in this small way we contribute to a growing movement that wants to see both land and sea resources exploited and managed more carefully and more sensibly.
All of our land ingredients are from organic agriculture, certified and controlled in accordance with organic regulations, whilst our sea ingredients from fishing offer the most comprehensive sustainability practice in the market for tinned fish today.
Seven steps for sustainable fishing:
- None of the fish species we pack are endangered.
- We use selective fishing methods and equipment to avoid by-catch. We do not use any factory ships.
- There is no fishing of under-sized fish and we avoid fishing during breeding seasons or in spawning grounds.
- We do not use destructive fishing practices, for example long-lines, dragnets, pair-trawling, gillnets or bottom trawling.
- Our fishing is socially responsible and supports local fishing communities; none of our fish comes from unequal contracts imposed on poor countries that deprive local fishermen and local communities of access to the resources and food sources they used to exploit freely.
- We do not use equipment or methods that damage the ocean floor and thereby destroy the bio-diversity and fragile eco-system that is a food source for much of marine life. We do not damage coral reefs.
- Our tuna catch is monitored and controlled by the Earth Island Institute, while the other fish species we use are caught in small community boats that go out at night and return in the morning.
Creation date : 12/08/2007 @ 15:26
Last update : 25/02/2008 @ 23:53
Category : Producers UK
Page read 7619 times
Print the page