|Organic Food by County|
Aberdeenshire Angus Antrim Ayrshire Bedfordshire Berkshire Berwickshire Borders Buckinghamshire Cambridge Carmarthenshire Ceredigion Channel Isles Cheshire Clwyd Conwy Cornwall County Down County Durham Cumbria Denbighshire Derbyshire Devon Dorset Dumfries and Galloway Dyfed East Lothian East Sussex East Yorkshire Essex Fife Glamorgan Gloucestershire Greater Manchester Gwynedd Hampshire Herefordshire Hertfordshire Highland Isle of Man Isle of Wight Isles of Scilly Kent Lanarkshire Lancashire Leicestershire Lincolnshire London Monmouthshire Norfolk North Yorkshire Northamptonshire Northern Ireland Northumberland Nottinghamshire Orkney and Shetland Oxfordshire Pembrokeshire Powys Ross-shire Roxburghshire Rutland Shropshire Somerset South Yorkshire Staffordshire Suffolk Surrey Tyne and Wear Tyrone Warwickshire West Lothian West Midlands West Sussex West Yorkshire Wiltshire Wirral Worcestershire |
|Lincolnshire - Eden Farms|
Eden FarmsOld Bolingbroke
Tel: (01790) 763582
Fax: (01790) 763582
Eden Farms has grown from small roots. A derelict smallholding in 1982 has developed into a busy organic vegetable farm on the north Lincolnshire Fens, supplying customers ranging from national supermarkets, large-scale delivery services and schools, to individual households and shops. We grow over 50 different varieties of vegetables, and our box-round customers eat fresh English produce picked within 24 hours of delivery!
Eden Farms was set up 22 years ago by David Lucas and Marjorie Stein, with little more than 4 acres of neglected land, a wheelbarrow, and a burning desire to supply people with organic produce. Today, we have grown our business to 70 acres of all-organic vegetables, and only our passionate commitment remains unchanged. We are founder members of our local grower’s cooperative, ECOP, (Eastern Counties Organic Producers), and we have survived some of the toughest farming times in modern history without government aid or subsidies; we feel we have earned the right to call our organic farm “sustainable”.
Here are some of the things that are important to us
• Organic. Eden Farms is 100% organic, and we believe this is the best way to farm for the environment, our customers, and our staff. We are certified by the Soil Association , our identification is S31M.
• Fresh vegetables: we know that fresh vegetables contain the maximum flavour and nutrients, so we only cut to your order, giving you the maximum benefit from the food you eat
• Local: we want to sell our produce to local people, reducing "food miles" and pollution. This also helps us to buy from other local growers, and keep more small farms in organic production. We like you to know where your produce comes from.
• Affordable: we keep prices as low as we can, because there are no extra transport and packaging charges to be paid for . We ask a fair price for our produce, that covers the costs of production, and gives us a reasonable living.
• Commitment: Eden Farms has been organic for 22 years now, and we are in the forefront of the organic movement. We have helped to change the face and profile of British food and farming, and we are proud of it!
• Customers: We love our customers! What a pleasure it is to deal with real people, and hear your messages of praise , or even complaints! We are dedicated to providing the best possible produce and service for you, and it gives everyone at Eden Farms a real boost when we hear good things from you.
• Innovation: Eden Farms thrives on new ideas and initiatives. Whether David is designing a new purpose-built piece of farm machinery to satisfy our production needs, or Marjorie is researching school dinner requirements with local authorities, it is the excitement that we still feel in new ideas that keeps our business vibrantly alive.
• Service: we know that our customers are busy people, and we provide a flexible, convenient and friendly service. Our customers appreciate reliable delivery times and a helpful driver.
• Ethical: it is important to us to look after our staff and our environment. We are a fair employer, and we keep wastage to a minimum by reusing our packaging, while local goats eat all our waste produce.
Creation date : 27/05/2007 @ 22:25
Last update : 26/08/2009 @ 11:39
Category : Lincolnshire
Page read 9868 times
Print the page
|Other Organic Links|
FAQs Job Vacancies Press Releases Acreditation Bodies Animal Feeds Articles - Health Articles - Organic Baby Beekeeping Bespoke Cookies Blogs and Campaigns Brittany Candles Catering Clothing Complementary and Holistic Therapies Conservation Courses Crafts Drinks Eco/Green Ethical Events Farmers Markets Farming Flowers French Food Gardening Gifts and Hampers Green Search Engines Health Health and Beauty Holidays Holidays - Brittany Home Honey and Honey Products Ice Boxes National Nutritional Therapy Organic Farming Software Organic Food and Health Store Organic Toys Outdoor Activities Paints Permaculture Pets Plants and Herbs Portals Producers Belgium Producers Brazil Producers China Producers France Producers Ireland Producers Portugal Producers Spain Producers UK Recipes Recycling Restaurants Self Sufficiency School Teas Vegan Vegan, Diabetic, Paleo & Free From Wholesalers & B2B